What is face mapping? and what its tells about your skin. Your skin is the largest and visible organ. But it is different in many ways from other organs.
There are many techniques to explain the skin problems and about your health. The most famous is face mapping. Chinese belief that faces health is the reflection of inner health. In recent years many face mapping techniques have been introduced related to dermatology. But this is based on the idea that any mark on your face indicates the sign of a deeper issue. But research about face mapping is limited.
What does your face map tell?
Each facial part represents
The forehead portion is linked to the digestive system. Irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive conditions can show up via breakouts or lines. Poor sleep, poor diet, the stress level can cause these problems.
The temple area of the face represents the kidneys and bladder. Infection and inflammation in the kidney can present through acne. The medication which does not suit your body can also affect this.
The area between the eyebrows is related to the liver. The eyebrows are responsible for detoxification. Negative emotions and a bad diet can also affect it.
Your nose is connected to the lungs and heart. Pimple at this area, replace your spicy foods, meat, and salt with fruits, veggies, nuts, and healthy fats. If you are getting constant breakouts on your nose, check your blood pressure and vitamin B. Vitamin B level can help in reducing these breakouts.
Breakouts on the chin area due to the hormonal level. This is called hormonal acne. Hormonal change occurs during the menstrual cycle and can occur with or without hormonal abnormalities.
The mouth is linked with the stomach and colon. Breakout in this area is a sign of an ulcer in the area or eating a cold diet that forces the stomach to heat the food.
Acne vs. pimple
The difference between acne and pimple is acne is a disease and pimple is one of the symptoms. Acne is a condition in which it affects the skin hair follicles and oil glands. In the skin, pores are connected to glands under the skin which produce oils called sebum. Sebum is further connected to a canal known as a follicle having thin hair that grows out to the skin surface.
When dead skin cells and sebum clump to form a plug in the follicle. After that bacteria cause inflammation in the follicle to cause pimples in acne.
What causes acne?
The exact cause of the acne is not identified but certain things are responsible for the acne.
- Hormonal changes, such as puberty, pregnancy, and menstrual cycle touching the existing pimples
- Squeezing the existing pimples
- Scrubbing the skin too vigorously
- Pressure such as helmets, hats collars
- High humidity
- Using cosmetics for a long time
- Medication such as anabolic steroids and corticosteroid
Different acne indicate different types of acne
Plugged pores on the skin surface open
Small, tender red bumps
Plugged pore closed under the skin
Large painful lumps deep under the skin
Pus filled, painful lumps under the skin lump under the skin
Papules with pus on top
Here are some tips that can prevent acne
- Wet your face with warm water not hot, apply a gentle cleanser use your fingers for circular motion on your face, rinse thoroughly
- To help acne face, use fragrance-free, noncomedogenic moisturizers after you wash your face. Moisturizer helps your skin hydrated and thus prevent acne
- If you are hydrated, it is an alarming situation to oil glands produces more oil. Dehydration can also make your skin dull and aged. As a result, it will promote inflammation
- Try tea tree oil, because it is a popular remedy for pimples. This oil will reduce the inflamed or non-inflamed lesions
- Mothers always say that junk food causes pimples. High glycemic food is a reason for acne. Eating foods that are made of white flour may trigger acne and pimples.
- Too much exposure to the sun may dry out pimples in short term but will cause major skin problems.
Technically it’s not ok to pop up a pimple. But if you are doing to pop, know the things when there is a need to pop up the pimple.
You should avoid pimple popping
The safest thing for the skin is to keep handoff from the face. Allow to pimple heal itself naturally and do not squeeze it. When you squeeze your pimple drain some from it. Pimple core is not pushing up the pus; instead, it pushes down the pus further into the pore. The pressure will burst the wall of the pore and infected material spread in the whole dermis. As result it will cause damage to more skin, the chances of acne scars develop high.
Solution without popping
Draining of the pimple, popping is not the only way. Before popping use these useful tricks
Apply a warm compress
If you have a pustule, with a large white head. You can drain it with a hot compressor. Soak a piece of cotton in hot water and place it on the pimple for some minutes. Rewarm the cold cotton again. Warm water will help to loosen the pore and soft the head of the pimple. This method is not suitable for the blackhead because the core of the blackheads is much harder than the whiteheads.
Safe step for popping
You can take care of your pimple without squeezing. Popping the pimple can harm your skin. But if you want to pop the whitehead you can do this safely. When you pop up the pimple there is no guarantee that it will not cause damage to your skin. These steps will help you to reduce the chances of that happening.
- Wash your hands with a good soap.
- Sanitize the needle with alcohol
- Take the needle parallel to the skin and prick it on the tip of the white head, do not go so deep.
- Wrap your finder in the tissue and place it on the one side of the pimple and then gently pull away from it for the pore.